Hare & Dillon (2016) share hacks on Learning Spaces for Educators. Join @laurelbeaton FEB 4 2020 @ 7pm MST to discuss learning spaces in K-12 and how that translates to HigherEd.
Hare, R. L., & Dillon, R. (2016). The Space: A Guide for Educators. EdTechTeam Press.
- What is the purpose of our learning spaces? How should learning spaces serve students?
- How does student voice play a role in the planning of your learning space? How can you include students in the planning process?
- What learning traits do you want to foster and support in your learners through your learning space?
- What do you want students to “do” in the space?
- What unique growth can students get from learning together?
- How can creating spaces for quiet lead to growth and support of learners?
- Worst case scenario: What is the worst thing that could possibly happen from changing your students’ learning space?
- What advice would you give to someone who has never reconsidered their learning space before?